Parkview Dental Care - David Bertagna, DDS
Parkview Dental Care has always had high standards in disinfection and sterilization. Since this novel coronavirus, we have employed stricter standards and more safety precautions. This is to protect YOU, as well as the team and other patients. We want everyone to be safe and healthy; before, during and after their dental visit.
Due to the nature of dentistry, social distancing is impossible and the production of aerosols are anticipated. An abundance of caution is imperative for the patient and dental team.
Parkview Dental Care is located in Chicago, IL. This office is in compliance with Chicago's Emergency Travel Order for COVID-19. If anyone is coming from a state marked "high-risk" for Chicago during the time period that state is on the Emergency Travel Order, we request the appointment to be scheduled AFTER the recommended quarantine period. Please refer to the list https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
Parkview Dental Care's NEW! Stricter Standards:
1. NEW! During Dental Treatment: For control of aerosols - VacStation-Vacuum Dental Suction System
2. NEW! On HVAC unit: MERV filter & UV Filtration
3. NEW! Three AirFree Virus, Mold and Germ Destroying Air Purifiers in patient areas
4. NEW! The front door will be locked. Please contact us when you arrive and we will open the door.
5. NEW! Contactless entry and exiting of the office.
6. NEW! Everyone in the office will always be wearing masks.
7. NEW! We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes physical distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
8. NEW! Please bring your own writing pen for paperwork in our office.
9. NEW! After each patient visit, we will be wiping down counters, door handles, chairs, etc.
10. NEW! The clinical team will be wearing masks, gloves, face shields, hair bouffant and gown over the usual smock and pants.
Days Prior to Dental Appointment:
All scheduled patients will have a pre-screening health questionnaire days before the appointment to confirm the health of the patient before arrival. Our pre-screening questionnaire must be completed at least 48 hours before your dental appointment. Parkview Dental Care reserves the right to postpone a dental visit if a patient refuses to fill out the pre-screening questionnaire.
Upon Arrival to our Office:
1. Please remain in your vehicle, call or text us that you have arrived. We ask that you remain in your vehicle, we will call/text you back when we are ready for you to come in.
2. Entrance will be for the scheduled patient. For patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member. We would like to know in advance if a patient needs a guardian.
3. Every patient will have contactless entry and exiting of the office. Our team will open all the doors.
4. Upon entrance, each patient must wear a mask that goes over their nose and mouth or no admittance. Mask are required to be worn the entire time, except when needed for x-rays and dental treatment. Your mask is to be worn while in the reception room, walking in the office hallway, checking out, etc.
5. Upon entrance, contactless temperature check (>100.0 degrees will NOT be allowed for dental treatment).
6. Upon entrance, you will be asked to sanitize your hands immediately.
7. Upon entrance, verification and confirmation signature of pre-screening questionnaire (please bring your own writing pen).
8. Upon entrance or once in the treatment room, Pre-rinse mouthwash for 60 seconds of hydrogen peroxide base rinse to help reduce both the oral microbes in the saliva and aerosolization of the virus during xrays and dental treatment.
9. Physical distancing and standing locations on the floor will be marked.
10. After treatment, please place face covering back on before leaving the treatment room.
We appreciate your patience during these new challenging times.
We will be employing these new protocols for the foreseeable future.
We appreciate your follow-through to help make your dental visit healthy and successful!
We look forward to seeing you soon!!
Feel free to contact us at 773-736-1406 if you have any questions/scheduling, etc.
David Bertagna, DDS