Parkview Dental Care - David Bertagna, DDS
Parkview Dental Care has always had high standards in disinfection and sterilization. Since this novel coronavirus, we have employed stricter standards and more safety precautions. This is to protect YOU, as well as the team and other patients. We want everyone to be safe and healthy; before, during and after the dental visit.
Regardless of receiving the COVID vaccine or not, the following standards are currently in place.
Parkview Dental Care's NEW! Stricter Standards:
1. Please bring your own writing pen for paperwork in our office.
2. The front door is locked. Please contact us by text or phone when you arrive and we buzz you in.
3. Minimal contact on door handles touched.
4. In Reception Room & Front Desk Area - Three AirFree Virus, Mold and Germ Destroying Air Purifiers.
5. Everyone in the office is wearing a mask.
6. During Dental Treatment: For control of aerosols - VacStation-Vacuum Dental Suction System.
7. End of Dental Treatment: Counters and chairs where patients sat are wiped or sprayed down, etc.
8. On HVAC unit: MERV filter & UV Filtration
9. We work hard to schedule appointments in a manner that promotes physical distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments.
Days Prior to Dental Appointment:
All scheduled patients will have a pre-screening health questionnaire days before the appointment to confirm the health of the patient before arrival. Our pre-screening questionnaire must be completed at least 48 hours before your dental appointment. Parkview Dental Care reserves the right to postpone a dental visit if a patient refuses to fill out the pre-screening questionnaire.
Upon Arrival to our Office:
1. Please remain in your vehicle, call or text us that you have arrived so we know you're at the office to be buzzed in.
2. Entrance will be for the scheduled patient. For patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member. We would like to know in advance if a patient needs a guardian.
3. You will have minimal contact on door handles touched.
4. Upon entrance, each patient must wear a mask that goes over their nose and mouth or no admittance. Mask are required to be worn the entire time, except when needed for x-rays and dental treatment. Your mask is to be worn while in the reception room, walking in the office hallway, checking out, etc.
5. Upon entrance, contactless temperature check (>100.0 degrees will NOT be allowed for dental treatment).
6. Upon entrance, we will provide hand sanitizer or wash hands with soap and water in the bathroom.
7. Upon entrance, verification and confirmation signature of pre-screening questionnaire (please bring your own writing pen for paperwork).
8. Upon entrance or once in the treatment room, Pre-rinse mouthwash for 60 seconds of hydrogen peroxide base rinse to help reduce both the oral microbes in the saliva and aerosolization of the virus during xrays and dental treatment.
9. Physical distancing and standing locations on the floor will be marked.
10. After treatment, please place face covering back on before leaving the treatment room.
We appreciate your patience during these new challenging times.
We will be employing these new protocols for the foreseeable future.
We appreciate your follow-through to help make your dental visit healthy and successful!
We look forward to seeing you soon!!
Feel free to contact us at 773-736-1406 if you have any questions/scheduling, etc.
David Bertagna, DDS